Everyone’s welcome to join National Park City Foundation for National Park City Week 2021.
Want to make your city greener, healthier and wilder? Curious about National Park Cities and want to learn more? Thinking of campaigning to make your city a National Park City? Want to connect with like-minded and friendly people? Looking for inspiration?
Taking place online, National Park City Week is an opportunity to:
- Listen to international experts as they explore what the National Park City idea could mean for the future of cities
- Hear from people campaigning to transform their cities into National Park Cities
- Join a briefing outlining the 10 steps cities must take in order to become National Park Cities
- Connect with people in different cities and countries around the world without leaving home
- Celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the London National Park City and the launch of the National Park City Journey Book
Two years after the launch of the Universal Charter for National Park Cities and the London National Park City, there are people around the world working towards making their city a National Park City. From Adelaide to Manila and Tokyo to Sacramento, people from different places and cultures are coming together with shared hopes and ambitions.
National Park City Week is an opportunity to come together to be inspired and learn from each other. Whether you are a curious student, city resident, community activist, political decision maker, artist, conservationist, health leader, academic or working on a National Park City campaign, everyone is welcome to learn from and contribute to this growing movement.
Events are being organised by people in Adelaide, Calgary, Glasgow, London, Louisville, Manila, Sacramento and Seoul.
As part of the events the National Park City Journey Book will be launched. This short guide details how to make your city a National Park City, the benefits of joining the National Park City Family and explains the process for officially gaining the status.