EU funded project CLEARING HOUSE which focused on urban forests to improve urban living in Europe and China will be hosting a final webinar focusing on tools the project has designed for municipalities to enhance NbS initiatives.
Tools that will be presented include:
- Spatial Impact Assessment and Classification tool (SIAC): Models tree cover, assesses street tree density, and evaluates spatial relationships with streets or buildings.
- Spatial Information and Knowledge Hub (SIK-Hub): Facilitates a swift assessment of Urban Forest-NBS and their environmental, ecological, and social settings.
- CLEARING HOUSE Citizen Science: Assists in uncovering feedback loops between Urban Forest-NBS qualities and specific challenges, purposes, uses, or users.
Keynote speech by Manuel Wolff and Sebastian Scheuer, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Case studies examples:
- City of Barcelona, presented by Corina Basnou, Ecological and Forestry Applications Research Centre (CREAF)
- City of Gelsenkirchen and Krakow.