Join the Edible Cities Network on Thursday June 9th 12.00-13.00 (CEST) to talk about green, sustainable, social cities and what city administrations around Europe are doing to support a sustainable urban food future.
Drop by to talk to a range of different city representatives from the EdiCitNet project:
Talk to Anneli Karlsson from the City of Andernach, Germany about:
- Edible Andernach: 10 years of experience from a municipal perspective
- Growing a green, edible city with the support of key stakeholders
- Urban fauna: examples of plants and trees which thrive in similar urban environments
Talk to Hilde Herrebroden from the Agency for Urban Environment, Oslo, Norway about:
- Oslo's city-wide strategy and subsidy scheme for urban agriculture
- Intra-departmental collaboration in support of a green, edible Oslo
- Experiences from the Oslo EdiCitNet Living Lab
- Oslo's experience with engaging citizens in urban agriculture
Talk to Tina Hilbert from the Senate Department for Urban Development and Housing, Berlin, Germany about:
- Berlin’s Neighbourhood Management Programme focusing on social cohesion
- Their experiences integrating edible, urban greening projects into a city undergoing rapid transformation
- Berlin's ongoing experiments to integrating community gardens into unusual spaces - a still active cemetery and a the grounds of a former historical manor house
There will also be a fourth area set aside for open discussion. This online networking event will be held on the platform wonder.me, which allows participants to wander around the space and dip in and out of different discussions.
Sign up here and you'll receive the link via email.
We look forward to seeing you there!