Apply now and make the most of this year’s summer school on Biodiversity and Society: science, policy and transformative change, taking place from 30 August to 9 September 2023!
Biodiversa+ is pleased to co-organise this summer school and to make participation grants available to Biodiversa+ researchers!
This year’s summer school focuses on the challenge of biodiversity management and conservation, and will explore drivers of biodiversity loss, as well as the role of ecological knowledge and social sciences.
Topics of the 2023 summer school include:
- Valuation and Nature’s contributions to people,
- Science-policy interface for decision-making,
- Inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches,
- Stakeholder engagement.
The summer school is open to graduate students, post-graduate scientists and professionals from environmental and social science fields with an interest in sustainability science. All participants are expected to actively contribute to all aspects of the summer school.
The summer school is held annually in Peyresq, Alpes de Haute Provence, France. The programme of activities includes:
- Morning talks and discussions with 20 invited speakers
- Afternoon group work on a mutual learning project about the local social-ecological system and its possible futures
- Aperitif talks prior to dinner
- Field trips to the mountain pastures used by local shepherds and the Parc National du Mercantour
- Free time in the evenings for leisure and further discussion
Applications are now open for the 2023 Altenet Summer School! Registration will be open from 1 March – 15 April 2023.